Sold Out: Cake Decorating Workshop – Floral Cake
Over approx 2.5 hours, in this workshop I will teach you the fundamentals for assembling a cake from start to finish by cutting even layers, crumb coating, icing, smoothing and/or texturing. You will also be shown how to wash and prepare fresh flowers for use on cakes, while allowing your creative side to flourish.
This is a hands-on workshop in which all attendees will work on their own cake.
All materials will be provided and at the end of the class you will take home your delicious creation to share with family & friends, a small goodie bag with some of the basic tools used on the day, as well as plenty of new skills that will ensure you can decorate beautiful cakes for every occasion.
What is supplied:
- 5″ uncut, uniced cake,
- Take home box for your completed cake,
- All supplies needed to decorate on the day.
What you will learn:
- How to cut a cake into even layers,
- How to stack a cake using buttercream filling,
- How to achieve a range of buttercream colours using gel colouring,
- How to cover a cake with buttercream and achieve seamless finish,
- How to prepare fresh flowers for use on cakes,
- How to pipe buttercream decorations onto the cake.
- This workshop is suited to beginners, or those who are looking to expand their decorating knowledge.
- Suitable for ages 15+ years.
- Workshops are held at Weston Creek Uniting Church. A booking confirmation will be emailed to you after your workshop purchase.
By registering for a workshop, you agree to the following terms & conditions:
- Spaces are limited to 10 per class. Due to Covid-19, group bookings will be given preference.
- This class does not cater to any food intolerances. Cupcakes contain Gluten, Eggs and Dairy. May contain traces of nuts, and soy.
- Everyone in attendance is required to sign in for Covid-19 tracing if required.
- We respectfully ask that if you are unwell you do not attend the class. Please advise us as soon as possible if you are not able to attend due to illness.
- If you’re not able to attend due to illness, your workshop fee will be transferred to another class.
- Workshops are non refundable if you change your mind or do not arrive for the workshop session. In the event we need to cancel due to a change in Covid-19 restrictions, a full refund will be issued.
- All workshops require a minimum number of participants to proceed. If there are insufficient numbers, the workshop may be deferred to a later date, and you will be informed no later than 48 hours prior to the workshop commencing and workshop fee can either be refunded to you or transferred to another workshop.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are unable to provide afternoon tea at our workshops. You are more than welcome to bring your own snacks.
- You are welcome to take photographs throughout your workshop but please be respectful of others. Sweet Dreams Desserts will also take photographs and/or video footage during and/or after the class which may be used on the business website and social media pages. If you do not consent to be photographed or for the photographs to be used this way, please inform us prior to the workshop.
Saturday 07 August